Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Wild Whatcom Schools Program Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, June 1, 2016, 12:00am
Wild Whatcom seeks an outstanding educator with outdoor and program management experience to coordinate and develop thriving programs for public schools. In addition to relevant experience, a successful applicant must possess superior written and verbal communication skills, self-directed and efficient work styles, an adaptable and flexible personality, a capacity to track and coordinate many moving parts, stellar interpersonal skills, and compelling management abilities. The coordinator will be an integral part of the broader Wild Whatcom team and will participate in planning meetings, strategy sessions, fundraising, outreach, gear management, and other activities to help support our overall mission of fostering a lifelong connection with nature and community.
The Schools Coordinator will work with the Program Manager, Executive Director, Program Coordinators and Mentors to:
- Provide vision and leadership through a collaborative model
- Develop and coordinate school programs
- Realize program goals and effectively measure outcomes
- Develop educational curricula and evaluation processes
- Manage budgets and assist with grant-writing and fundraising
- Hire, train, and manage staff as needed
- Organize and teach field outings
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the school district
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to deliver excellent programming
- Master’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years experience in a program leadership role (or other equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the necessary qualifications to successfully perform the duties).
- A motivated self-starter with energy, flexibility creativity, a sense of humor, and a willingness to pitch in wherever needed.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and collaborate with staff and volunteers.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills, including planning and program development.
- Superior interpersonal and written communications skills with staff, families and participants.
- Professional work habits (punctual, responsive, organized, ability to manage multiple projects, attention to detail).
- Environmental/outdoor education experience is strongly preferred.
- Competency with Google systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and social media tools.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies, grant writing, and donor development/relations specific to non-profit organizations is strongly preferred.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background and credit screening. Specifically, valid driver’s license and excellent driving record (background check is required).
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter, resume, short writing sample, and contact information for at least two references. Please direct all questions and application materials (emailed as .pdf files) to email@example.com, with your name and “Schools Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
Wild Whatcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.
The Schools Program Coordinator position is .35 FTE with the possibility of adding work as a Field Mentor. Compensation will depend on experience and skills, ranging from $11,000 - $12,000 (approximate full-time equivalent of $32,000 - $34,000).