Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Wildflower Preschool Camp Director
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 6:00pm
Evanston Ecology Center invites you to join our summer camp team as Camp Director at Wildflower Camp. This unique preschool program for children ages 3-4 is designed to develop small and large motor skills, creativity, and imagination while exploring science and experiencing the joys of nature. Each two-week session meets Monday through Thursday and has a different theme. Daily activities combine outdoor exploration with play, crafts, stories, songs and nature discoveries.
Responsible for the supervision and safety of children ages 3-4 and the facilitation of science- and nature-themed curricula; including planning and leading of science/nature education, activities and games to these children. Responsible for the supervision of counselors, assistant counselors and volunteers. Responsible for communication with the program coordinator concerning these individuals. This is a seasonal summer position.
- Attend mandatory staff training sessions the week of May 31st – June 10th
- Camp season runs from June 13-August 5
- Plan and instruct program activities and games for camp participants relating to camp theme
- Responsible for the safety of individuals in camp
- Supervise and lead participants in daily camp activities and field trips – may include overnight camping, canoeing and fishing.
- Assist in the management and evaluation of counselors
- Assist in the management and evaluation of volunteers
- Assist in the management and evaluation of assistant counselors
- Responsible for effective and appropriate communication to caregivers regarding participant progress and behavior within program setting
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled by program coordinator
- Enforce late pick up policy and ensure all participants are properly dismissed to caregiver
- Responsible for care and maintenance of camp equipment and storage areas
- Complete written reports such as accident, incident and the like on a timely basis
- Responsible for maintenance of all camp paperwork.
- Communicate to supervisor(s) if there are problems or issues needing special attention.
- Performs other duties as assigned by program coordinator
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to Margaret Isaacson, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org