Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Wildlife Recreation Events Specialist Job #11830
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, April 16, 2017, 11:30pm
As the Wildlife Recreation Events Specialist you will develop and manage the framework for the Division of Wildlife Resources statewide special events program. Our programs are designed to increase participation of citizens and visitors in fishing, hunting, shooting sports, watchable wildlife. The position provides direction and support to regional Outreach section staff on how to identify the outcomes, resource allocation, and measuring return on investment of events.
- Develop and ensure the utilization of processes to successfully lead a coordinated statewide Wildlife Recreation Events Program focused on increasing participation in hunting, fishing, shooting sports, and overall appreciation of wildlife in the state.
- Coordinate with regional Outreach section staff to ensure the events hosted by UDWR represent diverse opportunities for the public to learn about wildlife and the activities that support wildlife management.
- Collaborate with the Aquatic section to ensure that the Community Fishing Program is structured to achieve sustainable success in the face of tremendous population growth.
- Develop and grow relationships with stakeholders in agencies, organizations, and with industry representatives who are integral to the sustainable success of wildlife related recreation programs.
- Collaborate across administrative section lines and regional boundaries to engage the public to help support the agency's goals and objectives.
The Ideal Candidate:
The model person for this position is someone who has:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in one of the following areas or other closely related field: communication, marketing, natural resource management, outdoor recreation, conservation education, or public administration/policy.
- An appreciation of the traditions of hunting, fishing, trapping, and understanding of how those activities contribute to wildlife conservation in the state.
- Experience developing and evaluating wildlife and/or conservation events and programs.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience in writing, public speaking, social media, and inter-personal communication.
How to Apply:
Apply for this position at http://statejobs.utah.gov/jobseeker/
Search for Wildlife Recreation Specialist Job #11830