Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Woodland Wonders Forest School Teacher
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
REPORTS TO Board of Directors | WORK HOURS 9:15 am-12:45 pm at school, plus additional after hours events and meetings
SCHOOL YEAR September 2019-May 2020 | SALARY $34,000-$43,000
SCHEDULE 20 hours per week | WORK DAYS Monday-Friday with options Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Tuesday &Thursday
LOCATION Sanborn Park | BENEFITS paid sick days, paid national holidays, 4 weeks paid vacation, opportunity to grow with us
We are a newly formed non-profit Forest School that offers a progressive early childhood education model that provides children of 2.5-5 year old with a play-based learning environment in an outdoor setting. Our goal is to remove physical classroom walls and encourage children to explore, build practical, creative and social skills while expressing their interests, needs and passions. Learn more about the organization at our website.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a part-time positions requiring an average of 80 hours per month September-May. Teachers are to work with the Co-Founders and Education Chair on creating an age appropriate play-based curriculum. In addition to classroom hours, the candidate will be required to and compensated for attending events such as School Open House and after school activities. There is also an opportunity to teach our Summer Family class program.
- A Bachelor’s degree in education, child-development and a valid California teaching credential.
- Preferred but not required experience in environmental studies and music.
- Experience teaching 2.5-5 year olds in traditional or outdoor-based programs.
- Creative and driven to adapt lessons to outdoor classroom.
- Passionate, intentional and reflective in your work with children.
- Engaging and easily able to communicate with students, families, and colleagues.
- Loves to get dirty and laugh a lot while teaching outside in all types of weather.
- Tolerant of changes and understanding the organization is new and improving.
- Driven to make a positive impact in children life and improve the organization by voicing your opinion and ideas.
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends (open houses, education fairs, meetings,etc).
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Candidates must complete training in CPR/First Aid, Bullying Recognition and Sexual Harassment.
- Teach and develop curriculum of The Woodland Wonders Forest School in conjunction with founding members of the team and The Learning Adviser
- Provide all students opportunities to learn and grow at their own pace and to appreciate unique qualities and interests of everyone.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, participate in the administration of the school including attendance of board meetings, fundraising, etc.
- Be responsible for the health, safety, and the welfare of all children. This includes helping children staying warm and dry in inclement weather, managing risk in an outdoor setting, and addressing student conflicts.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of students.
- In conjunction with the founding team, mentor and train classroom volunteers and teaching assistant staff and assistants.
- Overall planning for equipment and supply needs in conjunction with the assistant teacher and the founding team.
- Setup and breakdown classroom daily, including tarp, learning supplies and class project materials.
- Be the primary contact for families in your program. You will need to professionally communicate with parents and caregivers, both formally and informally, individually and in groups.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and review of The Woodland Wonders Forest School policies and procedures in conjunction with the administration as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
Send a resume and a cover letter to: Katerina Novello & Yana Sebe, Woodland Wonders Forest School Founders, email@example.com. Hiring process is rolling, and we are looking to conduct interviews immediately. This position requires successful reference, health clearance, and background checks. The Woodland Wonders Forest School is an equal opportunity employer.