Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
WRWA summer internship
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 12, 2017, 5:30pm
Summer Intern The Westport River Watershed Alliance, Inc. 2017
The Westport River Watershed Alliance is seeking two qualified candidates to fill our seasonal, summer internship positions. The positions are 30 hrs/week at a rate of $11 hr, from June until the middle of August (exact starting and ending dates flexible). The intern will work under the supervision of the Education Director, assisting with various projects.
- Assist Education Director with school programs & field studies
- Assist Education Director with Coastal Explorers Club, a science-based summer program for children ages 3-16 at the beach & river
- Create materials for Watershed Education Program
- Help prepare for River Day in June, and Summer Fundraiser in August
- Assist with interpretive tours for the public
- Participate in weekly water quality monitoring program on the Westport River
- Assist with general administrative tasks and other projects as they arise Personal Characteristics
- Enthusiastic engagement with the mission and activities of the Westport River Watershed Alliance
- Energy & enthusiasm to work with all ages
- Experience working with children of various ages
- Basic knowledge of the natural sciences and or/marine ecology
- Flexibility to work on a wide range of projects
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively in a professional, organized manner
- Experience with informal teaching in outdoor setting a plus The internship is offered to an undergraduate student who plans to pursue a career in environmental science, environmental education or a related field. Some past interns have been able to receive college credit for the internship through arrangements with their university.
How to Apply:
Interested Applicants Please send a cover letter, resume and 3 references to: Shelli Costa, Education Director Westport River Watershed Alliance P.O. Box 3427 Westport, MA 02790 (508) 636-3016, fax (508) 636-8884 Or e-mail material to: firstname.lastname@example.org