Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
YMCA Community Environmental Connections Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, August 1, 2016, 1:30pm
- Connect youth, families, veterans and entire communities – with particular attention to young men of color – to public lands through outdoor recreation, educational programming, service projects and employment training opportunities.
- Develop partnerships with municipalities, non-profit organizations, schools, health care providers and other stakeholders to help young people develop strong, lasting connections to nature and public lands.
- Develop leadership opportunities for the next generation of environmental stewards by increasing service opportunities engaging entire communities in partnership with public, private and nonprofit representatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advance and promote TYO website to appropriate stakeholders
- Schedule and facilitate meetings with LMO steering committee and subcommittees
- Host LMO event at 2016 Get Outdoors Nevada Day
- Collect, compile, and disseminate data for volunteers serving on public lands
- Collaborate with public land agencies/nonprofits to host service projects aimed at diverse populations on public lands
- Develop and promote messaging geared toward awareness of public land service opportunities
- Promote and host LMO at appropriate venues throughout Las Vegas, NV
- Develop performance measure of success
- Update all appropriate committee members on progress of LMO
- Positive attitude and strong commitment to service and community work.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as strong organizational and word processing skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is desired.
- Experience with social media marketing (websites, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Experience working with children and youth in outdoor settings.
- Experience communicating and working with diverse community members.
- Ability to work independently and in groups.
- Relevant coursework in youth development, environmental education, English, journalism, public relations, communications or related field of study and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Ability to communicate in more than one language is preferred, but not required.
- The AmeriCorps EAP member will receive a living allowance of $14,050.00 for one year of service. Upon successful completion of their term of service, the AmeriCorps member will receive an education award in the amount $5,645.
- Location: YMCA of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas, NV
- Service Term: ASAP – June 30, 2017
- Full-time, 40 hours/week. 1700 hour minimum requirement for the education award
- Meet AmeriCorps eligibility requirements: (1) U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status, (2) eligible to receive an AmeriCorps Education Award (limit of two in a lifetime, regardless of award amount), and (3) pass National Sex Offender Public Registry (NSOPR) and federal criminal background checks
- The AmeriCorps EAP member will not participate in any Prohibited Activities per the Member Service Agreement
- AmeriCorps EAP member must wear A*C identification every day.
- The AmeriCorps EAP member is required to take a ½ hour lunch each day. This time does not count towards their term of service.
How to Apply:
Please follow the link to apply directly through our online portal: http://crcareers.thegreatbasininstitute.org/careers/careers.aspx?rf=EELINKED&req=2016-ACI-015
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.