Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
YMCA Earth Service Corps Program Director
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 24, 2017, 5:00pm
YMCA of Greater Seattle is seeking a leader to guide one of the Y’s best leadership development programs as the Program Director of YMCA Earth Service Corps (YESC). In this role you will guide and direct all aspects of the YMCA Earth Service Corps program. YMCA Earth Service Corps is a youth-led leadership development program that focuses on environmental education, cross-cultural awareness and service learning. YESC empowers teens to take a hands-on role in addressing environmental issues, creating a sustainable community and developing connections with the natural world.
- Youth Work: Running and supporting YESC Clubs at the middle school and/or high school level, providing guidance and training to staff working with youth, running regional events including leadership retreats, restoration projects, outdoor day trips and environmental conferences.
- Environmental Expertise: Knowledge and understanding of local environmental issues and ability to support school-wide environmental campaigns including habitat restoration projects, waste reduction programs, energy audits, school gardens, and Washington Green Schools/King County Green Schools certifications.
- Program Outreach: Build new and cultivate existing relationships with collaborative agencies, funders, school staff and other organizations by partnering and raising awareness about YESC throughout the community and engaging partners in program implementation.
- Program Development: Develop and implement major regional events for YESC including retreats, symposia, service projects, and other activities. Continue to grow and develop the YESC program for Seattle and the region, ensuring program continues to thrive and meet the needs of our communities, schools and participants.
- Supervision & Staff Development: Hire, train and supervise YESC AmeriCorps members and volunteers. Ensures high quality programs through innovative program development evaluations and ongoing training of staff.
- Communications: Managing website, creating newsletters and other program communications, updating social media sites, creating recruitment materials, communicating with YESC participants, families, local and regional YESC staff and volunteers.
- Budget and Financial Development: Develop and manage program budget including tracking of expenditures and program fundraising including grant writing, reporting and participation in annual campaign. Research and seek out new funding sources and revenue streams in order to meet annual budget goals.
If you're the right candidate you are detail oriented, have experience building systems and vision within youth programs related to outdoor leadership and environmental education, you are a highly effective communicator, have a high degree of competence working with a wide diversity of participants and staff, and are adept in outdoor risk management protocols. You are known for your attention to detail, being highly self-motivated and your organizational skills.
How to Apply:
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace.
To learn more about YMCA Earth Service Corps click here.
To apply visit our website: http://seattleymca.jobs/seattle-wa/program-director-earth-service-corps/AEC5BFC1C59240F4BCBC7FF66768...