Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Youth Conservation Corps Crew Leader
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, May 22, 2017, 6:00pm
- Ability to work long hours in challenging conditions, often with very little direct supervision.
- Guide, support and assist youth Corpsmembers to insure quality work performance, safety, and crew well being.
- Communicate and organize work in conjunction with the project partners /technical advisor; assure project completion to the satisfaction of project partners’ expectations.
- Ensure safety during all activities and projects; promote a ‘culture of safety and professionalism’.
- Follow all policies and procedures; assure crew compliance to promote safe, well-functioning crews.
- Make recommendations for fair and appropriate discipline of Corpsmembers as needed.
- Ensure high quality implementation of education, crew roles and all other youth program elements.
- Design and deliver parent/participant orientation, youth trainings and graduation events.
- Teach Corpsmembers all relevant technical project and camplife skills necessary to ensure safety and high quality project completion.
- Provide technical, logistical and leadership support to crews and individual Corpsmembers.
- Maintain accurate crew, payroll, personnel, youth participant development, safety and work project records.
- Complete and submit required daily, weekly and program reports and other paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate inventory and vehicle records.
- Seasonal availability; June through August.
- Valid driver’s license, ability to pass a motor vehicle records check.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Background Check for working with vulnerable populations.
- US Citizenship or ability to work in the US.
- Previous leadership experience, skills and training, preferably in a corps program, or similar setting.
- Technical skills, including chainsaw usage, trail work and knowledge of a wide range of power and hand tools.
- Current Advanced First Aid/CPR training (WAFA, WFR).
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Teaching experience, skills or training, preferably with adolescent youth in an outdoor setting.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application via our online application portal. We are accepting applications for YCC Crew Leaders in our Northern Rockies (Kalispell, MT) region.