Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, May 22, 2017, 5:00pm
Deadline to apply: May 22, 2017 @ 5:00 PM, PDT
Salary: $24.65 - $33.05 hourly
Are you eager to help diverse youth from across the greater Portland region discover how they can positively impact quality of life and the environment for current and future generations?
Do you have the skills and experience needed to develop, implement and administer dynamic, outcome-based educational programs that inspire, engage and teach 6-12th grade students?
As a versatile educator you will conduct exciting, interactive classroom presentations with thousands of students while having many opportunities to research, design and evaluate curriculum and other educational resources that focus on important issues such as climate change, environmental justice, over-consumption of the Earth's resources, waste reduction and recycling.
Plus, you will be joining a supportive team of six K-12 educators who serve thousands of students each year in all 18 school districts across the greater Portland region.
Does this sound like a great opportunity to you? If so, please consider applying for the new Youth Educator position with Metro's Resource Conservation and Recycling division.
At Metro, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
This position is full-time for one year at which time it will either be reduced to 24 hours/week or remain full time based on staffing and budgetary considerations. Both full-time and part-time positions are benefits eligible per the Contract Agreement.
- A minimum of two years of experience in education working with diverse youth ages 11-19 and a Bachelor's degree in education, environmental science, social studies or another field relevant to the program area or any combination or education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job.
- Requires a valid driving license and clean driving record for driving Metro vehicles to and from off-site locations and successfully passing the Oregon Childcare Registry background check.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English and ability to deliver classroom presentations in both languages is helpful.
- Four or more years of experience working with diverse youth ages 11-19.
- Experience and/or education that provides the applicant an in-depth understanding of issues relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Content knowledge relating to waste reduction and resource conservation including topics such as ecological footprint, over consumption of goods, recycling, food waste and composting.
How to Apply:
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center.
1) Electronic application, 2) answer to supplemental question, 3) resume, 4) cover letter describing your qualifications as they relate to the duties of the position.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.