Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Availability: Position is part-time, per diem. Programs are offered year-round and hours vary seasonally. Programs are 1-3 hours in length and often fall between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Outreach programs sometimes fall outside of these hours. Heaviest concentration is in fall and spring. Educators are expected to work at least 3 days per week during this time, and availability for some evening and weekend programs is required (generally 3 weekend days per month). Educators are expected to attend training sessions and regular staff meetings. The occasional weekend event/festival is required.
Compensation: $11.00 - $13.00/hour, commensurate with experience.
- Share Tyler’s rich heritage, collections and landscape to inspire and engage stewards of the natural world.
- Lead a variety of environmental based programming to youth of varied ages (topics include interpretive walks/hikes, invertebrates, birds, aquatic habitats, soils, etc.).
- Learn Tyler’s environmental education curriculum and implement the purpose, goals, and objectives of each program (training is provided).
- Set up and prepare for group arrival; clean up and put away equipment and supplies used for programs.
- Care for Tyler’s education supplies and communicating with program manager when supplies are low or need to be replaced.
- Know and understand emergency procedures associated with the organization.
- Ability to teach and lead environmental based programming.
- Willingness to be flexible in scheduling and work additional hours during the busy season.
- Desire to learn and grow as an environmental educator.
- Ability to receive and implement constructive feedback.
- At least 1 year of work/volunteer experience in education/youth development related to one or more of the following topics: outdoor activities, environmental studies, youth development, or other related topic.
- Demonstrated success at teaching outdoor activities to children; teaching experience in an outdoor setting is preferred.
- Excellent character, integrity, and adaptability.
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of age and skill levels.
- Enthusiasm for the natural world, sense of humor, patience, and self-control.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Once offered a position, you must satisfactorily complete the required background checks.
- First aid and CPR certification required (or willing to train).
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your cover letter and résumé to Liz Hornbach, Youth Programs Manager LHornbach@tylerarboretum.org. Applications will be accepted with a rolling deadline until position is filled.
Tyler Arboretum, 515 Painter Road, Media, PA 19063
$11.00 - $13.00/hour, commensurate with experience.