Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Youth & Family Education Assistant
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Green Spring Gardens
Position Title: Youth and Family Education Assistant
Location: Green Spring Gardens, 4603 Green Spring Road, Alexandria, Virginia
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Salary: $12.0688 per hour*
- Assist with all aspects of Youth and Family Education at Green Spring Gardens.
- Plan and conduct plant-based nature programs for children and families.
- Develop programs, written lesson plans, and teaching aids. Create and maintain interpretive exhibits.
- Gardening and other light physical work.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
- Experience educating children.
- Working knowledge of nature and gardening.
- Ability to use a personal computer, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Ability to direct and coordinate the work of volunteers.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Any combination of education, training and paid or volunteer experience equivalent to the following: Associate or bachelor’s degree in the sciences, education, or related field, OR experience in education or related field.
- First Aid and CPR/AED certification. (provided on the job)
Note: *This position is may not exceed 900 hours per calendar year. Individuals in these positions are not eligible to earn leave or receive holiday pay.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- All newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or religious reasons will still be subject to the weekly testing requirement. Otherwise, vaccinated employees will complete the attestation online in the first day of employment.
- The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background, Child Protective Services Registry, driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
How to Apply:
Send an emailed or faxed resume to
Youth & Family Education Coordinator
Green Spring Gardens
4603 Green Spring Road
Alexandria, VA 22312
email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone inquiries: 703-642-5173.
If you have any questions, please email FCPAJOBS@Fairfaxcounty.gov or visit us online.