Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Learn to design communication & outreach plans that motivate action
Date and Time:
Thursday, October 10, 2019, 12:15pm to Thursday, November 21, 2019, 12:15pm
Thursday, October 3, 2019, 9:00am
Book your spot today for the next Making Moves online course!
October 10 - November 21, 2019
Every Thursday from 12:15 - 1:15pm ET
This online course provides conservationists with the critical skills and tools needed to create a communication strategy and plan that motivates people to take action.
This means you'll learn how to:
- Prioritize behaviors to promote that will achieve your conservation goal.
- Identify primary and secondary audiences for communication and outreach efforts.
- Explore which tangible and psychological barriers exist for your audiences.
- Select message frames and creative approaches that motivate audiences to take action.
- Choose audience- and budget-appropriate channels of communication and outreach.
- Bring everything together into a comprehensive strategy and implementation plan.
This course is for you, if...
- You've ever felt frustrated that your current outreach efforts weren't producing the desired results: "they're still doing the things we're telling them not to do?!?!"
- You've felt like your messages were only reaching the "already converted" and you need more people to get on board.
- You've made great progress but need to keep the momentum going and aren't sure how to reach the next level.
- You need to design a brand-new engagement plan and aren't sure where to start.
- You want to build your own capacity as a behavior change communicator.
If any part of your work is asking people to get more engaged in conservation activities, then this course will equip you with the skills needed to mobilize large and small communities to take action.
Cost of the course
The price of the course is $637 per person. Registration and payment by credit card can be completed by clicking here.
Discounted rates available: There are a limited number of spots available at discounted rates. These are reserved for individuals working in small non-profits or in resource-limited areas, students, or those who are self-funded and need financial support to join.
Use this application form to apply for a discounted rate.
Included in the program
Participants in the course receive all the following:
- 7 weekly live lessons (1 hour each) with activities, interactions and time for Q&A.
- Lifetime access to recordings (online and offline versions) to watch replays, or if a live lesson is missed.
- Worksheets and instruction guides for you to use, keep and incorporate into your own programs.
- Opportunity to have worksheets reviewed by me between lessons for suggestions and feedback.
- Three live Q&A sessions between lessons to help work through any difficult sections of the worksheets.
- Invitation to a private Facebook group of current and alumni course participants where additional questions can be asked and resources shared.
- Certificates of completion once all worksheets have been completed and submitted.
- Opportunity to meet other amazing conservationists working on similar issues.
- An offer to book a private working session with me at a discounted rate ($50), valid for up to 8 months from the course start date.
Will it be use-able???
This course is designed to be highly practical. I provide you with templates, tools and worksheets you can use with your own projects right away.
Participants are asked to identify a single project and behavior change goal at the start that will serve as the consistent pilot-run throughout the lessons and worksheets.
In addition to your own chosen project, two case study examples will be featured throughout - one that is focused on a small community-based change and another that explores larger, national & global change movements.
These processes and frameworks are ones you can use over & over again throughout your career.
All refund requests made by October 16, 2019, 8:00am EST will receive a full refund. This means you can even attend the first lesson and decide to leave the workshop prior to Lesson 2 with a full refund. Refund requests made any time after October 16, 2019, 8:00am EST will receive a 70% refund of the amount paid.
Learn more here.
Want to chat? Contact me here.
I hope to see you online in October!
How to Register: