Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
M.A.Ed. in Urban Environmental Education Preparing Environmental Leaders to Cultivate Healthy Urban Communities
Environmental leadership takes on a broader and deeper definition when it unfolds where people live.
“What would happen if more people genuinely asked others about their opinions, welcoming dialogue? Perhaps some that have a history of silence and disenfranchisement may feel empowered as I did." - Rasheena Fountain UEE Alum (2017)
- Leadership at the nexus of environment, community, and justice.
- Integrating Social Justice, Race and Equity into Environmental Action
- Engaging Communities in Sustainable Solutions Building
- Cultivating Climate Resilience into Urban Centers
The MAED in Urban Environmental Education program is a 5-quarter long, 48-credit graduate program designed to be achievable and affordable at $530 a credit.
Every student participates in a PAID 30-week practicum that places them into community organizations where they learn to integrate theory with on-the-ground practice. This real-time immersion prepares educators for leadership positions in culturally responsive approaches to sustainability, collective action and urban solutions.
- 93% of UEE Graduates are employed and working to strengthen the Future of Cities.
- 56% of our students are people of color.
- 53% of UEE Faculty are a highly diverse group of practitioners in the field.
- We are changing the nature of environmental leadership through our dynamic cohort-based learning.
UEE is committed to insuring that diversity and equity are at the center of our leadership education. If you know of any candidates, please send them our way!
How to Register:
The program has a rolling admissions policy. For more information about the program please check out our website. You can also contact Sue Byers directly at 206.499.8530 or email@example.com.