Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Sustainability & Behavior Change
Explore the psychological factors that lead people to engage in sustainable behavior and gain a clear understanding of the strategies that work (and those that don’t) to motivate people towards behavioral change. Learn how to develop programs and projects that activate behavior change and promote sustainable outcomes and how to develop community engagement projects or programs that foster both awareness and meaningful action. This certificate culminates in a capstone course where students apply the knowledge and skills developed in this certificate to a program or project of interest.
- Learn how to develop programs and projects that activate behavior change and promote sustainable outcomes
- Gain insight on psychological principles, theories and methods to understand and solve environmental problems.
- Identify and prioritize target behaviors related to a specific environmental problem
- Develop a behavior change program implementation plan and Identify appropriate metrics for evaluating performance
- Develop a communications strategy that activates behavior change at the community level
- Understand strategies relevant to community based social marketing and conservation education programs
Who Should Attend:
- Professionals who manage environmental programs and campaigns
- Government employees working on environmental protection projects or programs
- Employees and educators at informal education institutions, including zoos and aquaria
- Community volunteers and activists interested working to promote community engagement and sustainability
- Business professionals interested in understanding consumer behavior and promoting corporate behavior change
AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for select courses. For a list of additional UC San Diego Extension AICP CM Events go to American Planning Association