Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Outdoor Learning Tips, Tricks, Tools & Resources
Date and Time:
Thursday, September 16, 2021, 7:00pm
Join Jade Harvey-Berrill, Farheen Kadwa and a diversity of other educators from our Canadian Outdoor Learning Partners will share tips, tricks, tools and resources to enhance your outdoor learning practice. Whether you are new to this and looking for starting steps, or you are a seasoned outdoor educator, this group will be sure to offer you some insights that you can put into your teaching practice.
In addition to her work with Take Me Outside, Farheen also works with WWF Canada in marine conservation, and she helps run a not-for-profit organization, Hijabi Ballers, which supports and celebrates Muslim women who play sports. In addition to her work supporting outdoor learning, Jade hosts youth rock climbing and outdoor skills camps, is a Level 1 Professional Mountain Bike Instructor and also runs a variety science workshops and field trips for K-12 in schools.
How to Register:
- Registration is free and there will be plenty of draw prizes for attendees!
- Workshops are 60 minutes and will take place on Thursdays at 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern.
- For those who can’t attend live these will each be recorded and posted on the bottom of this webpage.
- Following the workshop, participants will receive a link through which they can access a certificate of attendance.
- If you can’t attend the live workshop you can still request a certificate after you watch the recording.