Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
CWI's Institute SOUTH America on Place Based Service-Learning and Sustainability
Date and Time:
Monday, January 13, 2020, 8:30am to Friday, January 17, 2020, 2:30pm
Special discounted rates are available for NAAEE members to attend CWI's Institute SOUTH America, on Place Based Service-Learning and Sustainability. CWI's Institute SOUTH America takes place in Lima, Peru and is a unique opportunity for deep learning, collaboration, and networking in a design lab atmosphere, with like minded K-16 and community based educators from across the globe. learn more
Develop high impact curriculum and programs that engage students, using the community as the classroom. The Institute provides a unique opportunity to understand why Place Based Service-Learning works, how it works, and how to use it most effectively with students.
"This was the best Institute or conference that I have ever attended! I am newly inspired! I will start the school year with many ideas that I am excited to share and try.”
—Terry Yamamoto-Edwards, Science Teacher Punahou School, Honolulu, Hawaii
participants will become skilled at:
• Using powerful strategies for using the community as the classroom.
• Designing student learning around personal passion and interest.
• Connecting social emotional learning goals as outcomes for learning projects.
• Infusing project based learning with a compelling civic and public purpose.
• Focusing on students as active contributors to sustainable communities.
• Integrating student voice and agency, reciprocity, and reflection.
• Using ethnography to explore human connection, inclusion, and social justice.
• Employing strategies for program growth, team building, and institutional buy in.
• Inspiring and advancing a collective vision and practice as a leader.
CWI's Institute South America takes place at Markham College, in Lima, Peru, January 13-17, 2020. email us
How to Register: