Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Wilderness First Aid Certification
Date and Time:
Saturday, February 29, 2020, 8:00am to Sunday, March 1, 2020, 6:00pm
Thursday, February 27, 2020, 12:07pm
- Where: Newtown, CT- Sticks and Stones Farm
- When:February 29 and March 1
- Length: about 16 hours plus 2-3 for optional CPR
- Certification: 2- year SOLO cert, nationally recognized.
- Age Restriction: minimum age is 14
- What to Bring: Comfortable clothing for being in-doors and outdoors for a period of time, in any weather. Lunch and snacks as well as water. A notebook and writing utensil. Mug for tea.
WILDERNESS FIRST AID (WFA)
Accidents happen. People get hurt, sick, or lost. The temperature drops, the wind picks up, and it starts to rain. Would you know what to do? Many backcountry emergencies are preventable, and even when bad things happen, sometimes the wrong care can make things worse. By learning a few basic skills, you can make the difference between a good outcome and a bad one-and maybe even save a life.
WHO IS THE WFA FOR?
The WFA is the perfect course for the outdoor enthusiast or trip leader who wants a basic level of first aid training for short trips with family, friends, and outdoor groups. It also meets the ACA guidelines.
WHAT IS TAUGHT?
The WFA is 16 hours long (two days), and focuses on the basic skills of: Response and Assessment, Musculoskeletal Injuries, Environmental Emergencies, Survival Skills, Soft Tissue Injuries, and Medical Emergencies.
WHERE AND WHEN IS IT HELD?
- Sticks and Stones Farm
- Feb 29 8am -5pm with optional CPR from 6-9pm
- and March 1 9am-5pm
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
$250 for WFA alone
additional $80 to add adult and pediatric CPR through AHA.
IS THERE AN EXAM?
Yes, there is ongoing evaluation of practical skills, and there are written assessments throughout the course.
DO I GET CERTIFIED?
Yes. You will receive a SOLO WFA certification, which is good for two years.
DOES THE WFA COUNT AS CONTINUING EDUCATION?
The WFA may give continuing ed credits (depending on the specific requirements for your certification) and is approved for recertifying SOLOs Wilderness First Responder program.
Questions? email Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Register: