Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
2018 Marine Debris Creative Advocacy Competition
Date and Time:
Monday, September 18, 2017, 12:00am to Monday, June 18, 2018, 12:00am
Do you work with motivated young people who are passionate about the environment? Sponsor students in the 2018 Marine Debris Creative Advocacy Competition! This national competition challenges middle and high school students to lead a creative campaign in their school or community that educates others and inspires action to reduce or prevent marine debris.
- Students can earn awards of up to $5,000!
- Open to: U.S. students in grades 6-12 with an adult sponsor
- Perfect for green teams, marine science or sustainability clubs, arts groups, honor society members, Scout troops, or any environmentally-minded teens
- Students can work as individuals or a group
- Free to enter
- Program supported by a grant from the NOAA Marine Debris Program
- Deadline is June 18, 2018, but students are encouraged to register project ideas early
For more information and to get started, visit: http://www.bowseat.org/advocacy-competition.php