Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
2021 AEESP Virtual “Appetizer”
Date and Time:
Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 10:00am to Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 3:00pm
Please join us for a taste of what’s to come at the 2021 AEESP Virtual “Appetizer” on July 13–14, 2021.
This two half-day event is an opportunity for our community to connect this summer in advance of the in-person conference that will be held in St. Louis, June 28–30, 2022. Registration is now open. Some of the workshops have earlier registration dates.
July 13, 2021
- Opening session with the keynote lecture “Engineering Change in STEM Education: A JEDI Approach” from Yvette Pearson of Rice University and an update on AEESP strategic planning from current AEESP President Joel Ducoste.
- Parallel workshops for environmental scientists and engineers at different career stages:
- Careers in Environmental Engineering & Science after Graduate School
- CAREER Virtual Workshop
- Leadership Training for Faculty: A Discussion of Available Opportunities and Return on Investment
- “Meet the Candidate” networking reception for people coming onto the academic job market and for universities looking to recruit new talent. Participating candidates will provide a CV and short video introduction that will be available before the live networking session on July 13.
July 14, 2021
- A Platform Session on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion which consists of a report on the successful “Converging COVID-19, environment, health, and equity” 2020 webinar series and a town hall event “Beyond Recruitment: Development of a Guidance Framework to Foster Black Junior Environmental Engineering Faculty Success.”
- Parallel workshops:
- Aerosol Science and Engineering and Public Health: Focus on COVID-19
- Equity in the Job Search: Tools to Successfully Navigate the Job Search & Promote Gender Equality in STEM
- Environmental Engineering Program Leaders Annual Workshop
- Closing session with an address from incoming AEESP President William Arnold and the annual AEESP awards ceremony.
How to apply/register:
Registration is now open at https://cvent.me/Egn3DP. Registration for the “Appetizer” is free for AEESP members (current and recently joined) who register by June 29.