Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), Pacific Division Conference
Date and Time:
Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 12:00am to Saturday, June 20, 2020, 11:20pm
Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 12:00pm
For this symposium, we are interested in any and all topics related to the theory and practice of librarianship in academia, including:
- Libraries in the learning environment
- Library advocacy and community building
- Library leadership and management
- Evolving roles of libraries and librarians
- Instruction and reference services
- Collection development, cataloging, and access
- Digitization projects, 3D printing, and institutional repositories
- Innovative technologies or techniques applied to academic libraries
We will consider proposals for individual presentations, panels organized around a theme, and poster sessions. Oral presentations are typically scheduled for 30 minutes, with 25 minutes for speaking and 5 minutes for questions. However, exceptions can be made. Please contact the symposium coordinators for special arrangements.
Student papers, panels, or poster sessions are welcomed and highly encouraged.
Format your submission as follows:
- In a Word or .rtf file, please include this information:
- Line 1: Presenting author’s name, affiliation, address, and long-term e-mail address
- Line 2: Co-authors’ (if any) names, affiliation(s), address(es), and long-term e-mail address(es)
- Line 3: Submitter’s name and e-mail address (if different from above)
- Line 4: Name of the Pacific Division the symposium to which you are submitting your abstract for review.
- Line 5: Type of presentation (ORAL or POSTER)
- Line 6: Is the presenter a student? (STUDENT or NOT A STUDENT). If a student, indicate level (PRE-COLLEGE, UNDERGRADUATE, or GRADUATE)
- Line 7: Any special equipment needs in addition to standard computer, projector, and PowerPoint? If so, explain on this line. If none, write “NONE” on this line.
- Line 8: Paper Title Italicized and in Title Case, AUTHOR’S NAME(S) IN ALL CAPS AND BOLD (Full address(es), including institution, mailing address, city, state and zip code, and e-mail address(es)).
- Line 9: Text of abstract. Limit: 300 words. Include a list of 5 key words at the end of your abstract.
How to apply/register:
Email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the call for abstracts for papers/presentations or poster sessions, please visit: https://aaaspd.sou.edu//MeetingAnnouncement-2020.pdf