Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Call for Presentations: 12th Annual Growing Sustainable Communities Conference
Friday, March 29, 2019, 11:59pm
Call For Presentations
Submit this application for consideration as a presenter at the 12th Annual Growing Sustainable Communities Conference to be held October 24 and 25, 2019 at the Grand River Center in Dubuque, Iowa.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 29, 2019.
Presentation proposals will be accepted on any sustainability topic. Case studies that focus on the following topics will be given special consideration:
- Saving money by conserving energy and/or water in public or commercial buildings.
- Reducing fuel costs and greenhouse gas emissions in automotive fleets or public transit systems.
- Making communities more resilient to storms, floods, droughts and other natural disasters.
- Implementing green infrastructure that improves the effectiveness and reduces the cost of stormwater management.
- Enhancing social equity and vibrancy through development of affordable housing, public transit systems and complete streets.
- Examples of creative placemaking strategies including local food programs, arts initiatives and neighborhood development strategies.
- Plans, projects and/or policies that aim to reduce reliance on fossil fuels; conserve energy; generate clean energy; reduce, reuse or recycle solid waste; abate air and water pollution; reduce vehicle miles traveled; preserve natural, native habitats; or engage and educate citizens on sustainability issues.
- Organizational development, employee/resident engagement strategies to advance sustainability goals of a community or organization.
- Smart-city strategies and other examples of using technology to improve service deliveries.