Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Call for Proposals - Environmental Science and Immersive Learning Special Track at ILRN Conference
Date and Time:
Sunday, June 24, 2018, 11:59pm to Friday, June 29, 2018, 11:59pm
This year the Immersive Learning Research Network Conference in Montana on June 24-29, 2018 will have a special track on Environmental Science and Immersive Learning (ES&IL).
The meeting promises to bring together environmental education practitioners and immersive learning specialists from around the world to consider the potential for immersive experiences to engage broad audiences in awareness and action on environmental issues.
Topics in this special track may include:
- Challenges in supporting learning in environmental science contexts
- Using immersive interfaces to support place-based, community-based and experiential learning opportunities for broader audiences
- Immersive learning in zoology, ecology, environmental health, biology, or related sciences;
- Using immersive approaches to support interdisciplinary learning related to environmental science
- Citizen science activities that provide situated understanding of abstract, complex, and/or asynchronous relationships found in nature better understood through immersive learning affordances;
- Use of immersive technologies to support awareness and participation in environmental justice
This conference draws an exciting group from around the world who are thinking about how to apply immersive learning tools in innovative ways. We hope you’ll join us!
For more information on the conference and special tracks please visit the ILRN conference website
Deadlines for submission:
• Full papers submission deadline: February 15th, 2018
• Short papers and posters submission deadline: March 15th, 2018