Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Early-Career Research Fellowship
Date and Time:
Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 8:00am to Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 5:00pm
National Academy of Sciences (NAS) Gulf Research Program’s Early-Career Research Fellowship
Applications open July 13 – August 24, 2022
The NAS Gulf Research Program’s Early-Career Research Fellowship supports emerging scientific leaders as they take risks on research ideas not yet tested, pursue unique collaborations, and build a network of colleagues who share their interest in improving offshore energy system safety and the well-being of coastal communities and ecosystems.
Over the two-year grant, fellows will receive $76,000 in relatively unrestricted funds. Because the early years of a researcher’s career are a critical time, the financial support and mentoring this fellowship provides help recipients navigate this period with independence, flexibility, and a built-in support network.
Education Research Track
For the 2022-2024 Application Cycle, the Education Research track goal focuses on contributing to the advancement of K-12 educational equity related to science and environmental literacy in the Gulf of Mexico region or Alaska by considering the recent impact of disasters on educational opportunities for students in vulnerable communities.
Applicants must, at the time of application:
- Hold a permanent, fully independent position as an investigator, faculty member, clinician scientist, or scientific team lead in industry, academia, or a research organization. A postdoc is not considered a fully independent position.
- Be an early-career scientist who has received their eligible degree within the past 10 years (on or after September 1, 2012).
- Hold a doctoral degree (e.g., PhD, ScD, EngD, MD, DrPH, EdD, DSW, etc.) in the social and behavioral sciences, health sciences and medicine, engineering and physical sciences, earth and life sciences, or interdisciplinary scientific fields relevant to the charge of the Gulf Research Program.
- Be affiliated with a non-federal U.S. institution that has a valid tax ID number.
- Not be currently employed by the U.S. federal government.
How to apply/register:
For more information about applying, please visit our For Applicants webpage.