Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Marine Environment Protection Awards
Date and Time:
Monday, July 18, 2022, 9:00am to Thursday, September 1, 2022, 11:59pm
NAMEPA (North American Marine Environment Protection Association) annually recognizes companies, educators, associations, government agencies, academic institutions, and individuals whose efforts support our mission to "Save Our Seas". Nominations for the 2022 Marine Environment Protection Awards are now open!
For the past 15 years, NAMEPA has been engaging maritime businesses, educators, government, and the public to “Save Our Seas” by promoting sound environmental practices through events and community programming.
Visit our website for all eligibility and submission information.
- Maritime Industry (to include ship owners, operators, charterers, shipyard, etc)
- Government, Federal, State or Local Environmental Agency
- Non-Profit Environmental Entity
- Maritime Academies, Harbor Schools, Universities
- Environmental Innovation
- Seafarers Ministry (organizations and individuals may apply)
SUBMISSIONS SHOULD HIGHLIGHT THE APPLICANTS:
- Commitment to preserving the marine environment through environmental protection initiatives;
- New technologies/initiatives that mitigate damage to the marine environment;
- Efforts (events, curriculum projects, etc.) in educating seafarers, students, port communities, and children about the need for and strategies related to protecting the seas as an important global resource;
- Any awards or recognition for marine environmental protection efforts; and
- Efforts to increase public awareness of the importance of protecting the marine environment and marine ecosystems.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Complete the submission form by September 1st, 2022
- Winners for each of the categories will be notified by September 15th
- Recipients will receive their Awards at NAMEPA's 15th Anniversary Marine Environment Protection Conference and Dinner being held abroad the Hornblower Infinity in New York City on October 27th, 2022.