Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
SWANA Excellence Award
Monday, April 16, 2018, 12:00am
SWANA’s Excellence Awards Program recognizes outstanding solid waste programs and facilities with environmentally and economically sound solid waste management practices. Winners demonstrate effective technologies and processes in system design and operations, worker and community health and safety, and successful public education and outreach programs.
It's time to gather data and write glowing descriptions of your organization's successes for SWANA's annual Excellence Awards program. This year, 13 categories are available. At least one is certain to apply to your stellar education program, but clear documentation is the key to a successful application.
Charts full of data and colorful photos, along with detailed descriptions of state-of-the art programs, will help wow the SWANA awards judges, resulting in your organization taking home a coveted Gold, Silver or Bronze award at the 2018 WASTECON®. Judges look for descriptions that explain how you respond to challenges your organization faces, and how you maintain safety standards along with environmental compliance with state and federal regulations.
The SWANA Excellence Awards recognizes outstanding efforts in these education related categories:
- Awareness Campaign
- Communication, Education and Marketing Tools
- Educational Program
Awards also are given in 10 other categories related to the solid waste industry.
Winners will receive:
- Recognition and an award trophy presented during the annual Awards Program at WASTECON® in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Many past winners have displayed these awards proudly at their facilities and used the recognition to garner support from the public and local government officials.
- An offer to present a SWANA Webinar
- Gain exposure for your program or facility by speaking to attendees from the broader solid waste industry.
- A SWANA Excellence Award graphic to display on your website and in other publicity.