Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Online Oceans https://ocean.org/learnonline/
With activities and offerings broken down by age group, a highlight of Online Oceans is the live-streamed learning sessions on topics including: Ocean Plastics, Sharks! and Arctic Adaptations. Livestreams take place multiple times each week and are free to join from the comfort of your own laptop.
Looking for something even more personal and engaging for your family? Why not sign up for a Virtual AquaClass? These personalized sessions allow your kids to meet online with an Ocean Wise educator to dive deeper into learning topics like “Careers in Conservation” or “Reptiles and Amphibians”. Normally reserved for schools – this program is being opened to individual families during school closures. Virtual AquaClasses cost $45 for a 45-minute session, and multiple families can split the cost to take part in a single session, each from their own home computer.
Teachers are also welcome to make use of Online Oceans, too, and will find that many of the resources are curriculum-based and perfect to incorporate into their distance education offerings.
Highlights from Online Oceans:
*Content is updated regularly, so check back often or follow @OceanWiseEdu on Twitter for the latest highlights
· Feed your little piranhas at the Recipe Corner
· Plastic-free glitter and tinted lip balm DIY video tutorials
· Livestreamed programs on topics like Ocean Plastics and Sharks
· Links to Vancouver Aquarium live animal webcams
· Feed the Shark Craft and Animal Colouring Pages
· Virtual AquaClasses for teens and older kids, privately, or in small groups
· Curriculum-based Complete Education Kits