Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Become a Member
NAAEE works as a force multiplier for the field of environmental education by bringing environmental education professionals together to learn and share best practices, and by providing a collective voice to raise the profile of EE to funders, policymakers, and other key decision makers. By becoming an NAAEE member, you join a network of dedicated individuals who are committed to using environmental education as a tool to create lasting environmental change. We support our members and promote excellence in the field by providing guidelines, research, tools, and professional programs that help cultivate collective impact and motivate multi-sector support.
Our strength is built on the collective voice of environmental education professionals around the world, and our small but dedicated team relies on your membership dues to sustain the work we do.
Our members are individuals, organizations, and corporations promoting professional excellence in nonformal settings, K–12 classrooms, universities (instructors and students), government and nonprofit agencies, and corporate settings throughout North America and in over 55 other countries. Memberships terms last one year.
- Professional: Individuals (all EE professionals, including pre K–12 teachers) - $80.00
- Supporter Member: Individuals joining at donor level rate - $150.00
- Student: Individuals enrolled in a full-time, post-secondary program (student rate is valid for one year after graduation) - $35.00
- Retired: Individuals retired from active employment - $55.00
- Mexico Professional, Student, and Retired: Individuals from Mexico - $17.00
- Life Member: Individuals helping sustain NAAEE for the long-term - $1,800.00
- Affiliate: State, territorial, provincial, or regional EE organizations (after application and approval process to the Affiliate Network) - $200.00
- Partner Nonprofit: Educational institutions or nonprofit organizations - $250.00
- Partner Government: Government agencies - $300.00
- Corporate Small: For-profit organizations/institutions with less than 300 employees - $400.00
- Corporate Large: For-profit organizations/institutions with more than 300 employees - $500.00
Please note: The primary contact on an organizational membership receives the discounted conference rate.
Networking and professional development opportunities abound for NAAEE members. Learn about NAAEE membership benefits, including discounts, access to other members in our directory of environmental educators, online networks, news, and more.
Join eePRO, the global community of environmental educators where you can join groups and participate in discussions, find and post jobs, materials, and resources relating to your specific niche within EE, learn about upcoming EE events and grant opportunities, collaborate with EE partners, and more.
Members have profiles in eePRO listing their interests, social media links, online learning activities, resources submitted and may connect with other people through these eePROfiles.
Members receive subscriptions to the twice-monthly eeNEWS, with timely announcements from the community. The eeJOBS weekly newsletter provides a listing of all jobs posted to the site in the past week. You will also receive emailed digests from your groups.
Reduced conference registration fee to the field's premier networking and professional development event. (Please note: After joining/renewing, please wait one business day before attempting to register for the conference at the member rate. Only the primary contact on an organizational membership receives the discounted conference rate.)
Substantial discounts on NAAEE publications, a valuable resource for environmental educators.
Discounts on liability, health, auto, and life insurance through Forrest T. Jones and Co., Inc.
Discount of 30% on purchase of Routledge, CRC Press, and Taylor & Francis books. Expires 12/31/2018. Visit crcpress.com or routledge.com, enter NAAEE as "society" name, then enter SOC18 in promotional code box during checkout. Flyer >
Discounted subscription rates:
Note: Provide your member # to the publishers for the discount. Contact email@example.com if you need assistance.
NAAEE members have the opportunity for recognition through the NAAEE Awards Program, which honors outstanding individuals in the field of environmental education.
Organizations: Partner and Corporate Members
In addition to the benefits listed above, Partner and Corporate Members are listed on the NAAEE web site. (Note: The primary contact on an organizational membership receives the discounted conference rate.)