Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Alberta Council for Environmental Education
The Alberta Council for Environmental Education (ACEE) works in collaboration with others to advance environmental education in Alberta.
Alberta is a leader in environmental education, with citizens that are informed and motivated to live more sustainably, be responsible stewards of the environment, and help ensure future generations’ quality of life.
To work collaboratively to advance environmental education in Alberta.
Goals & Objectives
- Champion environmental education. ACEE will be a voice for the advancement of environmental education, speaking in support of the need for EE and its role in a changing society.
- Convene stakeholders. ACEE will convene the EE community, encouraging a variety of strategic conversations, liaisons, networking, actions, and synergistic collaborations between EE groups. Facilitate leadership. ACEE will help create, clarify, and coordinate leadership within the environmental education community.
- Build networks. ACEE will develop, encourage and support networks that facilitate the exchange of information and provide opportunities for collaboration within the Albertan EE community.
- Increase capacity. ACEE will develop partnerships and mechanisms to build capacity for, and help ensure, the continual improvement of environmental education groups.
- Connect the community. ACEE will work with all interested EE providers to promote EE resources, services, and events to the widest possible audience of Albertan educators; and connect Albertan environmental education efforts to relevant national and international networks, resources, and activities.
ACEE will steadily increase its capacity to advance environmental education in Alberta. We will ensure that a strategic fund development plan, continuous improvement in administrative management and function, on-going staff training and development, and a dynamic Board means that ACEE is a well-managed, credible, and financially sustainable organization. ACEE's current strategic plan is just eight pages long and describes our proposed activities, outputs, and outcomes over the next three years. Download it here.
Nature-based education has been gradually gaining a foothold throughout the world, especially with...
We are pleased to announce that the annual spring meeting of the Northwest Student Chapter of the...
This book Focuses on contemporary practices, trends, and issues in outdoor and environmental...
Internships with CCL are enriching learning experiences working with our dynamic and passionate...
Adventure Treks operates 13 to 30-day wilderness-based programs for teenagers in British Columbia,...
The Pisces Foundation is excited to announce a new funding opportunity designed to strengthen and...