Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education
CAEE envisions an environmentally literate Colorado, with CAEE as the recognized leader of the environmental education community.
CAEE’s mission is to serve all sectors of the Colorado community by improving the collective effectiveness of environmental education.
Goals & Objectives
The Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education (CAEE) is catalyzing the power of environmental education in Colorado by bringing educators together to support practice, elevate impact, and advance environmental literacy.
Since 1989, CAEE has been a statewide leader in promoting environmental education (EE) in Colorado. Our members represent over 250 organizations and 850 individuals in nature centers, classrooms, non-profits, parks, agencies, higher education, communities, businesses, and more. They are working to ensure that Coloradans are involved in learning about our environment and our relationship to it throughout life- in experiences at home, school, work, and play- to empower Coloradans to make decisions for environmental sustainability and community wellness. You can get involved with CAEE to:
- Enhance your EE Practice through certification programs, the dissemination of National Guidelines, and professional development.
- Let CAEE be your voice for EE in the state to advocate for the policies that will advance environmental literacy. Get involved in initiatives like implementation of Colorado’s Environmental Education Plan and other advocacy efforts.
- Move the field forward through innovative education and engagement strategies developed in local and state networks, the annual Advancing Environmental Education Conference and programs like the Careers in Natural Resource Initiative with the Colorado Youth Corp Association.
CAEE aims to advocate for increased access to environmental learning opportunities for all Colorado residents. This is accomplished through:
- Hosting an on-line tools and directory of environmental learning opportunities
- Representing and advocating for the environmental education community in a variety of public settings
- Promoting and supporting EE in PreK-12 schools and higher education
- Examining equity issues regarding access to environmental learning opportunities and promoting inclusive practice
The eeCorps Program Coordinator will coordinate and facilitate the Colorado Environmental Education...
In Rocky Mountain Youth Corps (RMYC)’s Conservation Corps, we offer positions to young adults to...
"Eco-Week" is an environmental education program based in Fort Collins, Colorado for 5th...
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Science and Data, this position is...
This seasonal position (6/1/21 - 10/14/21) is responsible for the implementation of the Natural...
Being an outdoor instructor at Adventure Treks is an incredible opportunity- seeing students...