Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Association of Illinois
Members of EEAI have provided leadership on this front at the national, state, and community levels. The strength of EEAI comes from the involvement of its members. Their participation in state and regional events raises the profile of environmental education and challenges decision-makers to give environmental literacy higher priority.
Mission: To maintain a vital network that supports and advances quality ee throughout the state.
Goals & Objectives
- To promote innoavative strategies that energeize and support EEAI and the field of EE
- To increase public awarenss of EEAI through a statewide promotional campaign
- To increase and retain membership through improved recruitment efforts and enhanced member benefits
- To enhance communication and coordination among all ee shareholders
- Sponsor exciting and informative environmental education conferences in conjunction with EEAI's spring membership meeting. The EEAI Annual Meeting & Conference is held at scenic locations throughout the state of Illinois.
- Once every eight years, EEAI sponsors the Midwest Environmental Education Conference, which draws participants from throughout the nation.
- Sponsors Project Learning Tree and Growing Up WILD in the state of Illinois.
- Publishes the Illinois Environmental Education UPDATE newsletter; the only periodical in Illinois devoted to current information and ideas about environmental education.
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding environmental education materials, trains workshop facilitators and locates funding sources to implement high quality environmental education programs.
Are you a 5-8th grade STEM teacher who wants to connect your students with real STEM professional...
The Nature Museum is seeking two Education Interns for the “Teenagers Exploring and Explaining...
Evanston Ecology Center invites you to join our summer camp team as Camp Director at Wildflower...
The Environmental Educator proposes, creates and presents programs for children and adults,...
Teach elementary and middle school students in the outdoors.
Reporting to staff from the Conservation and Experiential Programming Department, provides hands-on...