Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Hawai'i Environmental Education Alliance
An informed and engaged island community that values Hawai'i's uniqueness and lives sustainably.
To promote and develop high quality Environmental Education by building relationships to improve networking and professionalism throughout Hawai'i.
Goals & Objectives
The Hawaii Environmental Education Alliance (HEEA) is a network of professionals, students, and volunteers working to spread awareness about environmental and sustainability literacy to help develop a community that understands Hawaii’s uniqueness and lives sustainably.
- Hawaii Environmental Literacy Plan
- Professional Development and Capacity Building subcommittees of HEEA will facilitate professional development opportunities for both formal and informal educators through connecting resources with identified needs. Professional Development includes but is not limited to workshops, trainings, talks, internships, our Oma'oma'o pau hana sessions.
- Hawaii Environmental Education Symposium: What started as an open community session during the Hawaii Conservation Conference in 2010 has since developed as an independant Symposum starting in 2012. The EE Symposium is an opportuntity for sharing resources, learning, and partnership development. It's one of the highlights of our organization! Join us in 2014 on July 14th at the Hawaii Convention Center.
- Grant Writing and Fund Raising:The goal of this subcommittees is to assess budget needs one year or more in the future and to work to secure funding through grants, community fund raising, philanthropic donations and more. Let us know if you are interested in learning more about the strategies, goals and objectives of this group.
- Partnership and Public relations: See the goals of the subcommittee by reviewing the document on this page to learn more about our goals in the near future.
The 2021 NOAA Hawaii Bay Watershed Education and Training (B-WET) funding opportunity is now open...
Join MAEOE at their annual conference beginning February 3! The theme is Climate, Nature, People,...
The NOAA-funded Citizen Science, Civics, and Resilient Communities (CSCRC) project is pleased to...
The Environmental Education Leadership Development Program is aimed towards engaging students and...
JOIN OUR FIELD RESPONSE TEAM on the beautiful island of Oahu in the State of Hawaii. We are...
Overview: The Hawaii B-WET Coordinator works with program managers from NOAA’s Office of National...