Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Tennessee Environmental Education Association
The goals of environmental education are two-fold: to develop a world population that is aware of and concerned about the environment and its associated problems; and to develop a world population that has the knowledge, skills, attitudes, motivations, and commitment to work individually and collectively toward solutions of current environmental problems and the prevention of new ones. The Tennessee Environmental Education Association (TEEA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to implementation of the above goals since 1978.
Specifically, TEEA's purpose is to:
- Promote environmental education programs throughout Tennessee;
- Promote the sharing of information about environmental education programs;
- Promote research, development and evaluation of environmental education materials, programs and activities;
- Promote public sensitivity to the natural environment through interpretation and interpretive programs; and
- Promote public understanding and support of environmental education programs and activities.
In accordance with this statement of purpose, TEEA assists in the development and coordination of environmental education programs and activities; assists in the development of leadership in the public schools of Tennessee to implement environmental education throughout the curriculum; lends support to and seeks cooperation from institutions, organizations and agencies in matters that pertain to environmental education; and represents its membership in matters of mutual concern which involve environmental education programs and activities.
This position supports the efforts of Tremont’s AmeriCorps VISTA program, which aims to alleviate...
Great new update on both FY 2018 & 2019 federal environmental education advocacy efforts.
Great Smoky Mountains Institute at Tremont is seeking our next president and ceo to lead our...
Information about NAAEE February 8, 2018 Environmental Education Advocacy call.
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area is seeking to fill 3 apprentice positions in our...
The Specialized Certificate in Sustainability and Behavior Change provides unique and advanced...