Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
K-12 Educator of the Year
The K–12 Educator of the Year Award is presented to an individual who is recognized for their exemplary efforts in promoting environmental education in K–12 classroom settings, as well as engaging community organizations to create a more sustainable future.
Please note: Nominations may only be submitted by NAAEE members
The 2021 Call for Award Nominations is coming soon!
This person must live in one of the U.S. 50 states, Mexico, or the Canadian provinces or territories and have made a significant contribution to EE in one or more of the following ways:
- Received clear recognition of her/his overall contributions among EE colleagues, and within their state or provincial EE association
- Made visible contributions to the field of EE (e.g. research, legislation, publications, etc.)
- Provided more than 10 years of dedicated service in the field of EE
- Demonstrated innovation in incorporating EE into lesson plans
- Demonstrated the ability to link formal and nonformal education, to advance environmental education
- Demonstrated leadership in mentoring colleagues to use the environment as a context for learning