Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
eePRO is an online platform that provides environmental education (EE) professionals and students from around the world with opportunities to network, discuss important issues, and access high-quality professional development resources. Join eePRO to post resources, events, jobs, join groups, and share your profile with the community. Anyone can join eePRO!
What can I do on eePRO?
eePRO community members can:
- Post content. Share your events, resources, and opportunities with the eePRO community
- Join special interest groups. Connect with other professionals and discuss key issues in the field
- Participate in professional development webinars and the NAAEE webinar series
- Find and post jobs, internships, and fellowships in the field
- Subscribe to NAAEE’s newsletters, eeNEWS and eeJOBS
- Create and update your eePROfile to share your skills and connect with other eePROs
- Develop a professional development plan by taking the self-assessment (linked on your eePROfile)
Register for an account here. It’s easy and it’s free!
What's the difference between having an eePRO (free) account and joining NAAEE by paying for a membership?
Individuals and organizations who choose to become NAAEE members have access to additional eePRO resources, including the ability to contact other EE professionals directly through their eePROfiles, receive discounted publications, and access to the members-only version of eeNEWS. NAAEE members also receive a discounted rate on their conference registration. Learn more about NAAEE membership, here >.
#1 User Registration
#2 eePRO Groups
#3 Finding Content
#4 Creating Content
Here’s what you can access on eePRO:
Learning opportunities allow you to take part in online courses, webinars, and other educational activities. Many of these offerings are open to everyone. You can also earn credit towards badges on your eePRO account, allowing you to showcase your work to other EE professionals and potential employers. You can search and register for learning opportunities by visiting the calendar of events in the eePRO menu or by using the search bar to type in a key word. Here’s a sample of what you’ll find:
- Online courses
- Workshops at conferences (conferences are posted as Opportunities)
- Degree Programs
- State EE Certification Programs
Opportunities are time-sensitive happenings that can help you grow professionally, whether you want to apply for a grant or scholarship, attend a job fair, enter a contest, or attend a conference. Opportunities include:
- Career Fairs
- Grants, Scholarships, Contests
- Presentations and Publishing Opportunities
This section includes a variety of resources that can support your work in EE. Posted by professionals around the world, these resources include:
- Classroom activities and lesson plans
- Publications, including books, journals, and newsletters
- Media, including blogs, videos, and other multimedia
- Research articles in the field
Explore the latest EE jobs, internships, fellowships, and volunteer opportunities here.
Adding content to eePRO
How to add content to eePRO
- Login to your eePRO account (or create an account)
- Navigate to the add content page for your content:
- Enter the required information on the form (and make sure to fill it out as completely as possible)
- Add tags to your content (see “Tagging content in eePRO” below)
- Click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page
* For assistance in posting content, please contact us at eePRO@naaee.org.
Tagging content in eePRO
When adding content, be sure to include a tag. Tags make sure that eePRO users can find your content easily when they search. Tags can be related to geography (states, regions, etc.), audience (formal educator, researcher, etc.) or topic (climate change, diversity, etc.), among others. You are welcome—and encouraged—to use multiple tags, where possible. This ensures that people searching in a variety of ways can find what you’ve posted.
If you are unsure of which tags to use, or would like to suggest the inclusion of a new tag, please contact us at eePRO@naaee.org.
Developing a Professional Development Plan Using the Self-Assessment
Using Guidelines for the Preparation and Professional Development of Environmental Educators as a set of potential benchmarks, the self-assessment will help you reflect on your competencies as an environmental educator. Organized around six themes, each theme describes a knowledge or skill area that must be included in the preservice and inservice training of an environmental educator. Under each theme, general guidelines further articulate the knowledge and skills that must be mastered to gain competency in that area. Finally, each guideline is accompanied by several more specific indicators that suggest ways of assessing the abilities of new environmental educators, as well as the quality of the programs that prepare them for their profession. Indicators are to be used simply as examples and do not represent an all-inclusive listing of abilities. Suggested PD posts are linked to the plan.
Please login or create an account >
The Self-Assessment is linked on your profile page.
How can I learn more about eePRO?
To learn more about the eePRO People, check out the eePRO people page.
If you have suggestions, concerns, or other inquiries, contact us at eePRO@naaee.org.
To learn more about eePRO icons and symbols, check out the guide to eePRO graphics page.
eePRO is provided by NAAEE under Assistance Agreement No. NT 83695801 awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. It has not been formally reviewed by EPA. The views expressed on eePRO are solely those of the North American Association for Environmental Education and EPA does not endorse any products or commercial services mentioned on this website. By participating in the eePRO community, you agree to be respectful of others and abide by the following eePRO Guidelines, included in the Terms of Service.