2020 Conference - Tucson - Present? | NAAEE
eePRO

The hub for environmental education professional development

2020 Conference - Tucson - Present?

Hello,
I'm curious...who is putting together a conference presentation proposal? Are there any topics that you, as an attendee, would like to hear more about?
Take care,
Becca

I have submitted two. The topic of one is the Maryland Green Schools program and the environmental impact of the program in the state over the past several years. The other has to do with childrens' exposure to the outdoors and whether that influences their idea of what a scientist is.

Hey Becca! I'm planning to submit a few things. I'd be interested to know what you are working on too. Perhaps we could connect to see if there is anything we could do together that might be interesting.

Hello, Jordan!
I'll be working with others to host an Accreditation Workshop--for those interested in accrediting their higher education programs. We'll also have a session that shares about examples of what accredited programs are doing.
Besides that, I've been talking with current UW-Stevens Point graduate students. One is researching camp counselor stress and how mindfulness practices might minimize that. The other is researching the use of energy dashboards as a teaching tool in schools and how that might affect behaviors. I think they will both be presenting. A colleague and I are co-teaching a place-based education course online and have considered presenting on the value of teaching people where they are through online technologies.
Personally, I've been doing some work around using drawing to consider participants' awareness of and attitudes about the environment, as well as mindfulness work with pre-service teachers to address burn out and promote a connection to nature. I'm not sure what I might submit related to these topics.
What intersections do you see with the work that you are doing?
Always good to connect with you!
Take care,
Becca

Hello, Jordan!
I'll be working with others to host an Accreditation Workshop--for those interested in accrediting their higher education programs. We'll also have a session that shares about examples of what accredited programs are doing.
Besides that, I've been talking with current UW-Stevens Point graduate students. One is researching camp counselor stress and how mindfulness practices might minimize that. The other is researching the use of energy dashboards as a teaching tool in schools and how that might affect behaviors. I think they will both be presenting. A colleague and I are co-teaching a place-based education course online and have considered presenting on the value of teaching people where they are through online technologies.
Personally, I've been doing some work around using drawing to consider participants' awareness of and attitudes about the environment, as well as mindfulness work with pre-service teachers to address burn out and promote a connection to nature. I'm not sure what I might submit related to these topics.
What intersections do you see with the work that you are doing?
Always good to connect with you!
Take care,
Becca

I'm now wondering after our great zoom discussion if a group of educators would like to present around teaching EE online. I thought there were some really creative and innovative ideas that would be excellent to share with everyone. I know these are special times right now, but many of us teach EE in a hybrid or online environment regularly, so it would be great to hear ideas from several educators. Is anyone interested in a round table presentation to share ideas with other educators about how to teach EE online?

Hello Becca,

I hope that you are staying healthy, safe, and sane!

I just wanted to loop back to this and let you know that I am looking to submit some presentations based on recent projects that centered on teacher education, assessment, and then another on translating research into policy and action. I'm hoping to also participate in the research symposium as well.

Thanks for interacting on the boards and take care!

Jeanine, this is a great idea! I am developing four online courses in ECEE as we speak with the assistance of our university's eLearning Center. They have a set of quality standards that they follow, and I have already successfully developed and offered one and working on my second online course at this time. I am learning a lot of technology options available for online interactions, evaluation rubrics, etc. We use Canvas as our online teaching platform, so that could be part of the discussions, too (?). Please count me in!

Hi Jeanie,
I think that would be a great roundtable presentation. I am developing content for our EE class as I go since we have not had programs online previously. I work in a more rural community, so access has also been something that I have been concerned with as well. I would very much be interested in participating. Please count me in as well as well!

Dear Colleagues,

This sounds like a wonderful idea. I would be honored to co-lead and participate in this roundtable session as well. Is there something brewing for the submission? I would be glad to take point on that in these last couple of days if it's not rolling already?

Looking forward.

Sincerely,
Lee

Hi everyone,

I'm late to the party, but would love to be in on a teaching EE online presentation. SRU's EE master's program is fully online, and we are going up for accreditation at the end of this semester. Please let me know how I can contribute - rebecca.thomas@sru.edu. I will also be submitting a proposal with several graduate students and a colleague on using critical reflection as a tool to enhance learning for high school and college audiences.