Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
ANR Educator (Agriculture and Natural Resources)
This position is open until filled and is a full time benefited position.
Primary Duties: Primary duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching ANR programming for schools, youth groups, and various audiences.
- Developing ANR curriculum for various audiences ranging from children to adult.
- Assist mentoring ABAC student instructors and interns in educational programming development and implementation.
- Maintaining and creating ANR teaching materials/supplies.
- Daily preparation and clean-up for ANR programming.
- Assisting in the training of new student instructors and GMA volunteers.
- Assisting in care and feeding of Destination Ag and the Langdale Nature Center’s resident animals (various livestock, reptiles, amphibians, fish, etc.).
- Assisting in evaluating student learning and program improvements.
- Assisting in implementation of Historic programming.
- Assisting in maintaining a safe environment for all guests and co-workers.
- Assisting in providing programming during GMA special events.
- Assisting in conducting other programming on site as needed.
- High School diploma required; one or more years of college preferred (or equivalent experience).
- Experience with teaching formal or informal education programs for children.
- Excellent group dynamic and behavior management skills, ability to engage children and direct them in an active teaching environment.
- Friendly, open and professional demeanor with demonstrated ability to initiate conversations with teachers and anticipate their needs.
- Background knowledge and understanding of agriculture and/or ecological concepts a plus.
- Willingness to handle and work with live animals, including reptiles, amphibians, and insects.
- Strong customer service focus and the ability/desire to ensure an excellent experience for all visitors and constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people of diverse ages and various educational and personal backgrounds.
- Ability to present and maintain a warm and enthusiastic demeanor with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to work well with the public in one-on-one and large group situations, and to respond to questions from various constituencies.
- Experience in Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or in InDesign is preferred.
- Willingness to cross-train in historic programming and learn new disciplines and skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment, including work outdoors in varying weather conditions, and contact with pollen and dust.
- Ability to work Saturdays when needed.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those required for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Carry and lift at least 25 lbs.
- Read and assimilate information, and write to communicate information clearly;
- Ability to work in outdoor, south Georgia conditions throughout the year.
How to Apply:
Apply online at ABAC's (Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College) HR website: https://abac.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=35394&job=anr-educator.