Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Assistant District Forester
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, February 5, 2017, 11:45pm
Website:Full position description
These positions are located in Franktown, Golden, Grand Junction, and Woodland Park, Colorado. These positions will administer grant programs including but are not limited to: Colorado Forest Restoration, State & Private Forestry, State Fire Assistance, Community Assistance Funding on Adjacent Lands, and other State and Federal grants.
These positons will provide technical assistance to local landowners regarding forest health (insects, disease, and wildfire mitigation), and prepare program related reports. In addition, these positions will also provide assistance to other district staff in additional program areas including: Forest product sales, Local government parks and open space projects, Community/HOA assistance, Private lands forest management, Seasonal crew hiring and oversight, and District facilities maintenance.
At times, these positions will develop service agreements with landowners by creating scopes of work, assessing district budgets, resources, and personnel, deciding the technical requirements needed for the agreement, and obtaining appropriate signatures. These positions will lead district work teams, train and mentor district staff members, develop and manage program and project budgets up to $250,000, create detailed work plans, serve as the acting District Forester in the District Foresters absence, and participate on agency committees.
Required Job Qualifications:
- A Society of American Foresters (SAF) accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program option, and
- Four years of professional forestry experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or greater) in Forestry or a Natural Resources program option, and
- Five years professional forestry experience, with specific experience in Dendrology, Forest Ecology, Forest Management, Forest Measurements, Silviculture, Urban and Community Forestry, Vegetation Dynamics, or Wildfire Management/Fuels Mitigation.
- Ability to safely operate 4-wheel drive vehicles, forestry machinery and tools; perform strenuous outdoor work in a variety of weather conditions.
How to Apply:
To apply and for a complete position announcement, please review the following website: http://csfs.colostate.edu/employment/. CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer. Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates.