Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Camp Counselor/Group Leader
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, April 30, 2020, 12:00pm
Watershed Nature Camp is seeking enthusiastic counselors to provide a great outdoor experience to campers! As a counselor at Watershed Nature Camp your number one responsibility is to keep campers safe as you explore over 950 acres of forest, meadows, and streams. You will provide supervision during free exploration, lead games and songs, make mud sculptures, and much more. You'll do your best to send the campers home tired, dirty, and happy! If you're someone who is passionate about the outdoors, energetic, and know when to be firm, we'd like to meet you.
Seasonal Salaray starts at $4,215
- Maintain the health and safety of campers by upholding camp policies
- Work with 1-2 other camp staff to supervise between 10-20 campers
- Manage the group and resolve camper conflict, inappropriate behavior, etc.
- Plan each week of summer programming with your staff team
- Participate and run day-day camp activities
- Educate campers through games, activities, and exploration outdoors
- Provide excellent customer service to families and guardians during check-in, check-out, and other face-face interactions
- Provide first aid when needed
- Attend staff meetings
- Availability to work these dates is required (please note any conflicts on your employment application): Ten-day training: Weekdays from June 15 – June 26, 9 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. plus one overnight. Requested to attend Camp Family BBQ June 26 in the evening.
- Eight-week camp: Weekdays from June 29 – August 21, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. plus up to 8 overnights and/or evenings.
- Must be 17 or older by June 29, 2020
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification required by June 29, 2020 (we can provide training)
- Lifeguarding, Wilderness First Aid, and water safety certifications preferred
- Experience working with children in an outdoor setting, or comparable experience working with children in indoor settings
- Knowledge and/or passion in environmental topics/natural history (birds, geology, plants, mammals, etc.)
- Enthusiasm for nature, the environment, and working with children
- Demonstrated abilities in communication, collaboration, and cooperation
- Adaptability to changing situations, flexibility to change activities/plans
- Ability to work outside almost all day during hot, humid, New Jersey summer weather
- Ability to walk for at least 2-4 miles daily on uneven terrain
- Flexibility to work beyond normal hours in case of emergencies
How to Apply:
Seasonal Salary starts at $4,215