Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, May 1, 2016, 11:00pm
Background and Experience
- 5+ years experience as a secondary classroom science teacher
- Planning and implementing professional development for teachers
- Curriculum design and implementation
- Experience in implementing interdisciplinary learning
- Knowledge and Application of climate science
- Knowledge of NextGeneration Science Standards and an ability to integrate them into curriculum design documents
- Familiarity with STEM PBL curriculum and digital content and previous experience with initiatives to improve STEM education
- Experience teaching in diverse learning environments
- Experience facilitating service learning projects
- Knowledge of and experience in applied Systems Thinking
Skills and Abilities
- Flexibility: Can adapt to necessary changes required during the project experience
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Collaborative Working Style: Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively with teams of educators
- Project Management: Manage multiple deadlines, priorities, budgets, and professional development coordination.
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities including curriculum alignment, professional development, progress monitoring with evaluators, and cultivation of partners.
- Collaborates with Education Director to oversee PD programs and manages communications across multiple schools, staff, and community partners.
- Takes lead role in growth of CELF’s Student Ambassador Program (SAM); connecting with area high school teachers and co-curricular environmental literacy clubs, recruiting high school students; event planning
- Cultivates partnerships and works collaboratively with community partners in program delivery, mentoring, and community outreach.
- Provides leadership for principals and teachers in executing the vertical and horizontal alignment of Education for Sustainability PBL curriculum through professional learning communities.
- Works collaboratively with independent evaluators and uses evaluation reports to make strategic decisions for successful implementation.
- Stay current in the field of EfS and take proactive steps toward continual program improvement .
Position Start Date:
Monday, May 2, 2016
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include in the cover letter any relevant experience in education for sustainability, environmental education, and facilitating professional development.
Salary is commensurate with experience.