Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Children's Leader of Nature Preschool
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, July 17, 2017, 12:00am
The Department of Parks and Recreation is implementing a new Nature Preschool in the western end of Prince William County, and we are currently hiring highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals, who love to work with children, to join our team in the role of Children's Leader. This position will be scheduled Monday-Friday 8:45a-12:15p, with some flexibility for afternoon programming.
Preferred skills: Experience and knowledge in a preschool setting/program.
The Department of Parks & Recreation conducts DMV records checks on all employees driving for work purposes and criminal background checks on all hires age 18 years and older. Fingerprinting may be required.
Note: The information that follows is a County-wide Classification Specification that may include details not specifically applicable to this position.
General Definition of Work, Typical tasks, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The statements in this class specification are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbent(s) assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Assists in the planning and implementation of age appropriate lesson plans and activities for preschool aged children.
- Assists in preparing materials for class projects
- Ensures safety and security of children within the program
- Maintains a safe and clean classroom environment per state licensing guidelines/requirements
- Effectively communicates with parents
- Responsible for set up and take down of room arrangements
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers; ability to work in a team setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a High School Diploma and at least eighteen (18) years of age or older with Community CPR and First Aid, Medication Administration Training, Bloodborne Pathogen certifications. Certificate by a nationally recognized accrediting body whose staff qualification standards meet minimum state regulations.
- Must meet one of the following qualifications: (a) Endorsement or Bachelor's Degree in a child related field from an accredited college or university. (b) 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours of college credit from an accredited college or university of which 12 semester hours or 18 quarter hours are in subjects relating to the group care of children and 6 months of age appropriate, programmatic experience with children. Community CPR/AED & First Aid Certification prior to the first day of work.
- A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
- Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls;
- Must have physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to a, personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine;
- Significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, and repetitive motions;
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds;
- Annual Training Hours
- Must pass TB test;
- Must pass Criminal Background Check, Sworn Disclosure and Central Registry documents.
Background Checks, which may include but are not limited to: Criminal History Check, Credit History Check, Education Verification Check, License Verification Check, and/or Fingerprinting may be required (Effective January 3, 2013) as posted in the job advertisement.
How to Apply:
Please apply at the following website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pwcgov/jobs/1415294/childrens-leader-nature-preschool?keyword...