Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Community Engagement Manager
Wild Bear’s nonprofit mission is to inspire a lifelong connection to nature and community through creative exploration of the outdoors. We are seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented team player with marketing and community engagement skills to help maintain, develop, and improve our growing organization. Job responsibilities include nature center front desk operations, visitor engagement, social media, marketing material design, website management, and more.
● Develop and implement strategies to engage the community in existing and new programs and visitation to the nature center.
● Partner with the Community Engagement Committee and education team to plan and implement community events in accordance with Wild Bear’s mission, vision and values.
● With Education team support, update, create, maintain exhibits in the nature center.
● Daily operations of the nature center, including open/close, managing the front desk & gift shop, directing all inquiries to the appropriate staff, and supporting interns and volunteers in nature center operations.
● Provide positive experiences and customer services to all program participants and visitors.
● Manage emails and phone calls with a timely and appropriate response.
● With all staff support, generate volunteer interest and involvement in all aspects of Wild Bear.
● Maintain positive, creative, and mission aligned social media presence on Instagram, Facebook, etc.
● Create online newsletters to constituents through constant contact.
● Maintain and update Wild Bear website through WordPress.
● Design fliers, posters, booklets, and brochures as needed for programs, fundraising appeals, and events.
● Work with Education Director to increase program participation
● Create paid advertising when appropriate and approved.
● Submit free calendar listings for all events.
Profile and Skills
● A positive team player, professional with all constituents
● Strong positive customer service skills
● Well-organized and detail-oriented
● Able to handle confidential material
● Flexible with a “can do” attitude
● Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to work without supervision
● Understands the nonprofit structure and is passionate about building relationships in the community
● Passionate about Wild Bear Nature Center’s mission and vision and is able to speak passionately about it to individuals and community
● Pass a State of Colorado and FBI background checks
● Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years of relevant work experience
● Demonstrated computer/IT skills such as Canva, Adobe, Photoshop, Google Suite, Microsoft, WordPress
● Social Media and marketing vision and experience
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Ability to provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers
● Ability to move between different tasks as demands of the organization require
● Understands and is passionate about Wild Bear Nature Center’s Mission and Vision
How to Apply:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and email addresses for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org