Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Contractor to Support the Coalition for Climate Education Policy
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 13, 2022, 11:45pm
NAAEE is looking to contract with an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to provide support for the Coalition for Climate Education Policy. The estimated time commitment is 10 hours per week through December 2022, with the possibility of an extension. Contractor will be paid $1,800 per month for the duration of the contract. This is a remote position, with a preference for someone in the DC area.
The selected contractor will provide support to NAAEE’s Director of Policy and Affiliate Relations in the coordination of a Coalition for Climate Education Policy (CCEP). Services and deliverables include management of the CCEP membership, communications, and outreach to and about the coalition, tracking state and local climate education policy, and providing administrative support for biweekly coalition meetings and other events.
- Manage communications with CCEP working group members and broader coalition, including drafting and sending email communications, disseminating member resources, and fielding requests for information
- Help to maintain CCEP website by drafting and posting periodic updates and relevant links to news and key resources
- Write blog posts highlighting coalition activities and state, local, and federal policy successes
Membership recruitment and outreach:
- Help to draft and send monthly CCEP member updates
- Create recruitment messages to continue to build CCEP membership
- Maintain member lists
- Help to maintain an online compilation of state and local policies for climate change education
- Oversee logistics of coalition meetings, including maintaining the meeting calendar, sending agendas, taking notes, and providing other support as needed
NAAEE’s mission is to advance environmental literacy and civic engagement using the power of education to create a more equitable and sustainable future. We support a collaborative, team-oriented, dynamic, and enjoyable work environment. We believe that happy and fulfilled employees who are trusted to do their best create a stronger, highly productive, and effective team that contributes to the greater success of the organization and our mission. All positions at NAAEE require individuals who are culturally competent and can work with individuals representing a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. We are dedicated to building a culture where everyone feels a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring.
How to Apply:
We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Thank you for your interest.
Contractor will be paid $1,800 per month for the duration of the contract.