Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, April 30, 2017, 12:00am
Website:Alderleaf Wilderness College
(Now accepting applications for permanent positions starting summer 2017)
(The application deadline is April 30th, 2017)
Core instructors are the primary instructors for Alderleaf courses. They are year-round positions that include teaching at our core programs (including field trips), as well as various other courses (including weekend classes, custom courses, and summer programs). Core instructors are involved with all aspects of the programs, from lead teaching to coordinating trips, mentoring apprentices, and overseeing student progress. Core instructors also assist with outreach including writing blog posts & web articles, taking photos & video, as well as caring for classrooms & the land, and various other support tasks.
We are considering applications for both full-time (averaging 5 days/week) and full-time (averaging 4 days/week) instructor positions. Instructor positions are exempt, salaried positions.
Core instructor responsibilities include:
- Instructing at Alderleaf courses
- Coordinating program logistics
- Assisting with outreach and other support tasks
Core Instructor Qualifications:
- Experience instructing in at least several of our core curriculum areas: wilderness survival; ethnobotany (edible/medicinal wild plants); naturalist skills; wildlife tracking; permaculture/sustainability; and outdoor education.
- Good leadership, communication and writing skills
- Wilderness first aid certification
- Computer / office skills
- Willingness to work a variable schedule and periodic weekends
Preferred (though not required):
- Bachelor or Master's degree in an environmental or education field
- Management experience
- Videography skills - experience producing short videos for the web
- Outreach experience - marketing, sales, and advertising
- Familiarity with Alderleaf's courses and curriculum
Position Start Date:
Monday, July 3, 2017
How to Apply:
To Apply for a Core Instructor Position:
and send a cover letter, resume, completed general employment questionnaire, and instructor questionnaire to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
Alderleaf Wilderness College
Attn: Jason Knight
18715 299th Ave SE
Monroe, WA 98272
The application deadline is April 30th, 2017. Top candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Core Instructor Compensation:
Annual salary range of $36,000 to $40,000 for full-time positions averaging 5 days/week; annual salary range of $28,800 to $32,000 for full-time positions averaging 4 days/week (depending on experience & qualifications).