Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Crew Leader (Conservation - 5-month Summer)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, April 28, 2017, 12:00am
Idaho Conservation Corps (ICC) is dedicated to empowering individuals to become resilient members of their communities. ICC promotes personal growth and the development of critical life skills through education, leadership, and teamwork. To achieve this, we offer camping-based conservation programs for teens and young adults throughout the Gem State.
Idaho Service Corps (ISC) Field Staff manage and supervise conservation crews of seven young adults, ages 19 and up, over the course of a five-month field season. Field Staff and AmeriCorps participants will work for 9-day hitches and take 5 days off between spikes.
This seasonal position not only allows crew leaders to deliver an impactful educational experience to young people in their communities, but can also provide an entry-point into the fields of natural resource management, youth development, and outdoor education.
Examples of projects often completed by the Idaho Service Corps include timber stand improvement, fuels mitigation/reduction, invasive species erradication/spraying, trail maintenance and construction, recreation infrastructure maintenance, habitat restoration, monitoring and databasing, and so much more!
- At least 21 years old
- Current Wilderness First Aid or higher and CPR certification
- Current Driver’s License
- Clean driving record for the past three years (Driver’s License Background Check required)
- Recreational/professional outdoor experience
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and backpack 10 miles
- Willingness and ability to frequently drive an ICC vehicle
- Ability to work collaboratively and promote teamwork
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Sense of humor, spirit of adventure, and desire to make a positive difference in the lives of others and the environment
- Experience/desire in working with diverse populations
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
Visit http://idahocc.org/Staff/FieldStaff for full position descriptions, salary, dates, and details.
How to Apply:
Visit http://www.nwyouthcorps.org/joinNYC/ to register and fill out an application today!