Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Present on-board education programs including Delaware estuary-specific topics of environment (biology and ecology), history, and culture.
- Work positively with youth of all ages
- Participate in shipboard operations and maintenance including but not limited to: chores, sail prep and handling, galley duty, assist Captain and Mates with deck activities, and standing watch.
- Present shore-based education programs and events as well as setup and cleanup
- Work with volunteers and assist in volunteer training
- Assist in maintaining program equipment and specimen collection logs on a daily basis. Includes prep work and cleanup
- Willingness to live in close quarters on a boat with little privacy
- Positively represent AJ Meerwald and Bayshore Center at Bivalve and support the mission that the organization stands for.
- Degree in Marine Biology, Environmental Education or related field
- Environmental education experience required
- Sailing/boating experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Tributaries, Estuaries, and Bay flora and fauna
- Able to handle and teach with local sea life while engaging students
- Knowledge of oysters and the oyster industry preferred but not required
What do we offer:
- Environmental education experience
- Sail training
- Knowledge of issues and ecology of Southern New Jersey waterways, the Delaware Bay, and the Oyster industry
- Stipend dependent on experience and length of employment
- Room and board with free housing when docked in our home port
- Three meals (vegetarian) a day
- Two days off for every five days worked
How to Apply:
These positions start in late March/early April and end the first week of November. Internship for 2-3 months are also available. We will accept applications until all positions are filled.
Please forward a resume, cover letter, and three references to: