Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
You will provide day-to-day assistance and organizational support for the Director of Development and the Founder and President, as well as provide ongoing support for other staff and volunteers in their work to further Ten Strands’ mission. We need a collaborative individual who excels at tracking and managing details, meeting deadlines, and following up, and thrives working as part of a small entrepreneurial team. You will travel approximately 5-10% of the time for donor cultivation, fundraising, and events.
What you bring to Ten Strands:
- A “can do, roll up your sleeves” attitude.
- You are a doer—willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of development activities.
- Flexible and resilient are excellent descriptors for you—you find ways to reach funding objectives when barriers arise.
- You have experience working for/with a nonprofit development team or have comparable work experience.
- You understand the importance of students from underserved communities accessing a high-quality, culturally relevant environment-based education, and are committed to bringing environmental literacy to all students in all communities in California.
- You also have experience with maintaining a donor management database, e.g. e-Tapestry.
- You are described as an exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing and have proven writing and editing skills.
- You have experience doing research, compiling information, and providing summary reports.
- You can check off the box that you are highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Google docs.
- And, you have experience with design applications like Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator and web content management systems like WordPress.