Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Development Coordinator VISTA
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, June 12, 2017, 12:00am
Development Coordinator VISTA
Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation (TMPF)
The Development Coordinator VISTA will primarily write grants to support Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation’s many community-based programs, as well as improve the organization’s fundraising plan.
The Development Coordinator VISTA will be an essential member of the team for this young non-profit organization. This person will help to build a sustainable fundraising plan and raise operating funds to support the Student Stewards Program and other TMPF programs. Collaborating closely with the Executive Director and other VISTA members, this person will create new and expand current fundraising opportunities and events.
The mission of Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation is to support the parks departments operating in Truckee Meadows, including Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County parks. We do this primarily by providing in-park programming and opportunities for citizen engagement. TMPF is an independent, nonprofit organization that began operating in 2013. Our current programs focus on improving community health and wellness and developing people’s appreciation for the natural and cultural history found in local parks.
Service Location: Reno, NV
Timeline for Service: August 14, 2017 - August 13, 2018
- Continue to develop fundraising strategies and materials to support TMPF operations;
- Maintain the database to track grants, major gifts, and member donations;
- Develop protocols for initial contact, cultivation, and stewardship of major donors;
- Co-coordinate and spearhead a signature special event that will act as a fundraising and community awareness mechanism;
- Develop and run a membership drive for major donors and increase TMPF membership;
- Assist in the compilation of TMPF’s annual report;
- Help update and improve TMPF’s strategic plan.
- Passionate commitment to TMPF’s mission and vision;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- High degree of initiative and spirit of service;
- Preferred: experience in fundraising and donor cultivation;
- Preferred: experience with event planning;
- Preferred: reading, writing, and speaking competency in Spanish language.
Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation’s Development Coordinator VISTA is funded by the Corporations for National and Community Service and will serve within the AmeriCorps VISTA program. AmeriCorps VISTA is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Each VISTA member makes a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. To learn more about the AmeriCorps programs visit americorps.gov.
Position Start Date:
Monday, August 14, 2017
How to Apply:
In return for their service, AmeriCorps VISTA members receive a modest living allowance of $980/month and health benefits during their service and have the option of receiving a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,730.00 or post-service stipend of $1,500.00 after completing their service. A relocation travel allowance of no less than $550 may also apply if they are moving.