Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, October 14, 2016, 4:00pm
The Development Intern will assist with the planning, recruitment and implementation of the Council’s Fall and Winter events, including two workshops and the annual Slough Celebration Gala on February 10th, 2017. The Intern will help to process event registrations, assemble event promotion materials and décor, assist with inventory management and with auction item donations from potential event sponsors. The Development Intern will also assist with donor information management, digital marketing, and event coordination. There may be an opportunity to assist with short video production depending on skill and interest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with event and workshop promotion and registrations
- Assist with data entry, mailings and printing of event materials
- Assist with planning event fundraising elements
- Assist with inventory acquisition and management
- Assist with the day of event logistics including set-up, registration of guests and other duties as needed
- Assist with developing event materials (as skills and comfort level allows)
- Contact individual donors and follow-up with local businesses by phone or person regarding requests for Slough Celebration Gala event support
- Organize silent auction items for the Slough Celebration Gala
- Assist with research and identification of possible donors
- Organize donor information
- Excellent communication skills to include writing, public speaking, and networking
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to details, as well as excellent problem solving abilities
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative
- Proficiency in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
- Able to listen and communicate effectively with community members of diverse backgrounds
- Dependable and punctual
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to communicate in Spanish or another non-English language that is spoken in the watershed such as Russian, Vietnamese, Laos, and/or Somali
- Experience in nonprofit development
- Possess an interest in a nonprofit career ‐ particularly development and fundraising
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign
- Little Green Light Donor Management Experience
- Video Production Experience
Learning and Benefits:
This position provides experience and training in development event planning. The Intern will gain familiarity with the workings of a successful watershed council and small non-profit organization. Opportunities to network with agencies and organizations throughout the watershed will be numerous. Through this position, the Intern will help create positive changes in the greater Portland metro area while developing their own skills and gaining work experience.
- Approximately 20 hours/week (must be able to start immediately)
- Work schedule is flexible, especially for academic commitments
- Must be available to assist with events on 11/19/16 (daytime) and 2/10/17 (daytime and evening).
The intern will work under the guidance and supervision of the Outreach & Events Director. Occasional direction and support may be given by the Executive Director and other Council staff.
- Work Environment: 20% field and 80% in office
- Compensation: $10/hour, 8hrs PTO, no benefits
How to Apply:
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Karen Carrillo by Friday, October 14th at 5pm.
Mail: Outreach & Events Director
Columbia Slough Watershed Council
7040 NE 47th Ave
Portland, OR 97218
Questions? Contact Karen Carrillo at 503-281-1132 or email@example.com