Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Director of Community Partnerships
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation
The Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation (TMPF) supports the three parks departments operating in Truckee Meadows, including Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County parks. We do this primarily by providing in-park programming, fundraising for park infrastructure upgrades and programming, and opportunities for citizen engagement both in and on behalf of Truckee Meadows parks. TMPF is an independent, nonprofit organization that began operating in 2013. In the four years since inception, TMPF has grown to a full-time permanent staff of three overseeing 13 AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps VISTA members who serve one-year terms. Our current programs focus on improving community health and wellness, science education, and developing appreciation for the natural and cultural history found in local parks.
The Director of Community Partnerships is a new, essential position in the TMPF leadership team who will report directly to the Executive Director. This individual will take primary responsibility for management and expansion of TMPF’s membership program. This individual will develop and maintain community partnerships, and will assist in the management of aspects of the AmeriCorps VISTA program relevant to these duties.
- Manage TMPF’s Membership Program including:
- Developing and maintaining a database of members;
- Growing the membership network;
- Maintaining communication with TMPF members;
- Manage and develop professional partner relationships, including:
- Maintaining and expanding relationships with corporate sponsors, foundations, and individual donors;
- Coordinating special projects as assigned by the Executive Director;
- Assist TMPF’s Executive Director in the management AmeriCorps VISTA members, including:
- Recruitment evaluation of some AmeriCorps VISTA positions including Development Coordinator, Community Programs Coordinator, and Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator;
- Assist TMPF’s Executive Director in the management of the AmeriCorps VISTA grant including:
- Compiling and submitting required grant reports;
- Tracking grant performance measures;
- Oversight of some programmatic evaluations;
- Assist in AmeriCorps VISTA grant writing and annual renewal process;
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Lead occasional on-site programming such as walks, hikes or school programs. Training will be provided as necessary.
- Special events throughout the year including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Passionate commitment to TMPF’s mission and vision;
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years professional experience in a related field;
- Exceptional writing and communication skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Experience managing data collection and reporting;
- Must pass a background check;
- experience managing budgets;
- 1+ years in a management position;
- experience with AmeriCorps programs.
$35,000 annually, paid bi-weekly.
80 hours personal leave per calendar year, accruable up to 100 hours. 40 hours sick leave per calendar year, non-accruable. Up to $400 per month for health coverage reimbursement (proof of health insurance required).
March 2017 start with annual contract review.
How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter, and not more than three (optional) writing samples to TMPF Executive Director Nathan Daniel: firstname.lastname@example.org. Preferred writing sample types include press releases, donor newsletter articles, direct mail appeals, grant narratives, or any other pieces of short, persuasive writing. For questions, call 775-453-0698 or visit www.tmparksfoundation.org for more information.
Compensation: $35,000 annually, paid bi-weekly.
Benefits: 80 hours personal leave per calendar year, accruable up to 100 hours. 40 hours sick leave per calendar year, non-accruable. Up to $400 per month for health coverage reimbursement (proof of health insurance required).