Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Director of Education
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, April 21, 2017, 5:00pm
- Provides overall organization and program leadership acting as a key member of the staff leadership team.
- Works with Executive Director and Board of Directors to set, implement, and review organization goals, strategies, and vision. Implements a planned strategy to increase mission delivery activities and programs.
- Hires, trains, and manages assigned staff.
- Assigns, manages, and leads staff to achieve overall organization goals.
- Conducts performance reviews, coaching, and appropriately supervises assigned staff.
- Manages all aspects of programs, special events, and educational activities. Serves as the single point of accountability for assigned areas.
- Creates and implements a strategic business plan focused on creating a new, innovative sustainable and restorative agriculture farmstead.
- Works closely with volunteer committee to achieve responsibility.
- Proactively seeks out and builds relationships with organizations to support growth and delivery of new programs/services.
- Develops curriculum using sound research, best practices, and innovation.
- Evaluates and reviews programs using a variety of tools. In a timely manner implements appropriate changes and adjustments based upon the evaluations.
- In conjunction with ICNC marketing and development staff, works with local schools and other education organizations to learn and respond to their needs, develop relevant curriculum, and engage them to utilize ICNC.
- As needed, teaches all aspects of ICNC programs and curriculum to a variety of group types and age ranges.
- Ability to teach a variety of guests with varied demographics (age, ability, experience level, etc)
- Develops, manages, and reviews budgets for all assigned areas. Meets targets for both income and expenses.
- Coordinates training for staff, volunteers, and other appropriate personnel in the ability to teach curriculum and programs, as well as how to work with a varied group of people.
- Ensures compliance with all organization policies and procedures in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Maintains current knowledge of development in areas of responsibility. Participates in state, local, and national organizations, conferences, and workshops as appropriate.
- Assists in writing grants and securing funding for programs, as needed.
- Attends board meetings and committee meetings as required.
- Other tasks as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Belief in the Nature Center’s mission and a healthy appreciation for the outdoors. Represents ICNC in the most positive manner with all people, both personally and professionally. Proven experience in program management and education. Goal-oriented and driven. Self-motivated. Innovative and bold. Ability to take calculated risks. Proven knowledge and experience in budget management and all aspects of personnel management, including hiring, training, coaching, and evaluation. Data driven. Excellent public speaking abilities. Excellent technology skills. Ability to adapt and respond to varied audiences in different situations. Excellent communication skills. Passionate about and ability to lead the implementation of a strong restorative agriculture farm.
GENERAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Position involves sitting and standing in an office setting (67-100%) and working in an outdoor environment in varied weather conditions (34-66%). Frequent (34-66%) walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing and pulling. Constant (67-100%) reaching, standing, grasping, finger dexterity. Frequent (34-66%) talking and listening to people in person or over the telephone. Viewing computer screen and other types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds occasionally (10-33%). May occasionally (10-33%) be required to travel off-site to complete duties.
Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree in related field (science, biology, management, education, business administration, or similar) required. Minimum 5 years personnel supervisory experience required. Experience in creating, administering, and evaluating education programs required. Must have ability to design and lead implementation of a new sustainable and restorative agriculture program.
How to Apply:
Send the following to email@example.com by April 21, 2017: cover letter, resume, portfolio of work (as applicable to the job description), references, and salary requirements.